Monday, October 7, 2013

Gratitude: Families (Collette Edition)

I want to express how grateful I am that I have such great in-laws. They are a shining example of the love I need to show to others. Today, October 7th 2013, they adopted a 12 year girl. They became foster parents first so that they could have her in their home while they were waiting to adopt. They love her as if she was their own. Collette came from a rough background, but she is now shown love every day and can come home knowing that she will be safe and taken care of. She is such a sweet girl. She is always there to lend a helping hand and wants what is best for everyone. She is so happy to have older siblings to be examples to her, and she is lucky to have Nicole in her home to help her with this transition. I can't say enough great things about this.

Collette is going to be sealed in the temple to our family at the end of the month. I'm so sad that I wont be able to make it but I know that families can be together forever, and for that I am grateful. I'm grateful that Collette has a home to call home, and feels like home, and will be hers forever. I'm grateful that she has won over the hearts of our family. I am grateful that she fits in so well.

Welcome to the Terry family Collette Terry. You will be loved unconditionally and there is no better place to call home, and no better people to call family. We love you and hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment