Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Holy Shmokes.

Today was such a crazy day! It all started at 3 AM when I was changing Ellie's diaper and I had to go grab another one and she peed all over my bed, so I had to change my sheets. Then we woke up at 8:15 to get ready for a Dr appt at 9. (Ellie's 6 mo check-up). I went in to Calvin's room at 8:30 and he had peed soooo much that his diaper literally fell apart all in his crib. He bedding was soaked too! So I got him out of bed and put him straight into the tub. I got him ready to go and Ellie in her carseat and totally forgot to brush my hair- but whatever, it was in a ponytail anyway. So we get to the doc and Ellie has to get 4 shots... yay.... Then we get home, I feed the kids and put Ellie to bed, and then cleaned calvin's bedding and changed his mattress (we have a backup), and then put him down too. He sat and talked for like 20 minutes while I did the dishes. I went in to grab a sippy cup and it stunk soooo bad! He had diarrhea all over his bed! UGH! So I had to wake him up because he had fallen asleep at this point. I changed him, and cleaned his bed again, and got him back to sleep.

Then I clean some more and a friend came over to watch the kids while I go to the grocery store. I came home and thought- ok, we've been through the worst. I was supposed to watch another friend's kid at 4, but turns out, both Calvin and I were super sick. (and still are) I thought to myself, only two more hours until Mike gets home and he can help out. WRONG! he got home at six, I made dinner, then study time until he went to bed.

I have never changed so many poopy diapers or have changed the sheets so often in one month. I'm baffled. (and still sick :( )

I don't want to jinx tomorrow, so I wont say it can only get better...

Hope your day wasn't as awful as ours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment