Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Out Of Order

I guess I'm going to post about last weekend instead of keeping everything organized and in order. I don't want to forget the joy that I had.

The weekend started on Friday night. I got to go on a date with my hubby and some friends. It started with Blizzards at Dairy Queen and ended at The Plex, a family fun center and arcade. We raced go-carts and played in the arcade. It was a blast.

On Friday night my dad called and said he was going to visit my sister in Dallas to help her with some computer problems she was having in her classroom. My mom was coming to help decorate her classroom. I LOVE decorating so I had to find a way down there. Luckily a friend was going on Saturday at noon, and he had enough room for me and the kids. I was sooo excited! Calvin was excited to see his Gapa.

We got there and I seriously had such a fantastic weekend. I could never be a teacher (especially of high school kids) but I love grading papers and decorating classrooms. So I helped my sister out a little. She had a rough weekend because everything was going wrong and it really was just one thing after another. I felt so bad that I couldn't do more, but she kept her cool, at least until we left on sunday night.

On Sunday, we went to church and Calvin folded his arms during the sacrament. That's a long time for my little 19 month old to be quiet and sit still! I was one proud momma. Then he kept giving Ellie kisses which was  even more precious.

We topped church off with  trip to Costa Vida. I've been really craving it since I moved here and they have one in Colleyville! Then we went to my sister's classroom to finish up a few things. The poor kids hadn't had a single nap all day but were still little angels. We got home and put the kids down and I took a nap too while Kristen tried to get more things done. Then we left. I was so sad to be driving away, but I am going back in a couple weeks, so I am excited!

I love having family so close, and parents that are willing to drop anything to come to their daughter's rescue. I am truly blessed. I love watching my family play with my kids. They love each other so much and my kids LOVE my sister and parents. Ellie just cuddles right up to my sister every time she's in her arms. Calvin loves to play hide n seek with my dad and read books with my mom. I can't get enough family time, ever. I love being together with my favorite people. Can't wait until I get to go back!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog because I can picture these places. My cousins lived in Colleyville a few years ago. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a small world! Now that you will have flight benefits, you should come for a visit with your little babe :)

      Delete