Friday, October 11, 2013

Rain

Why does it seem like all the bad stuff happens at the same time? Here's an example:

Today, my husband "hooked his ride" which means he failed his flight, the day before he was supposed to solo, which pushed his solo to Tuesday. (Everyone does it at least once during pilot training, but it's really hard on their egos.) On the way home he got a flat tire. Also, today I didn't have dinner made when he got home, (this is rare).

I also notice that when we go out, both kids have to act up at the same time. It's a chain reaction of bad things.

I think that maybe once one bad thing happens we just notice all the other little crappy things, instead of focusing on the good things that happened that day. So as you noticed, my hubs had a bad day today, (I thought my day was just bland until I put some thought into it). The same day, I had a pretty good one:

I got up at 6 with Calvin, (actually 5 with Ellie because she pooped on my bed, but then I went back to sleep after I cleaned it up) then we did nothing for like 2 hours because I was so tired. He finally took a nap and so did Elle, that lasted maybe an hour tops. When they woke up, we played and ate lunch, and took a bath, and did our daily routines. Then we went to the bank. (It was in the grocery store and Calvin was so excited that he got to drive the "car" carts around. Ya know, the 20 foot long shopping carts that are impossible to turn ;)) We then decided it'd be fun to take daddy a drink, but he couldn't come out, so we just went home. Then we played outside until Mike got home, and he told us that he needed the car tomorrow, but so do I because I need to go to lunch with my flight girls and take pictures of someone else's solo flight.

Anyway, this may sound like the most boring day ever, but what I see is that I got to play with my kids, and have fun with them. Probably not a day that I will remember, or that they will remember, but it was great. When we drive on base Calvin gets so excited about every plane he sees. And he always knows how to make Ellie laugh. (She has the sweetest laugh, and the saddest cry). He gets so excited about everything, and always asks "What's that?" He loves learning. Today he learned Mike's siblings names. He gets better at talking everyday. It amazes me how big he is getting, and I'm almost sad about it.

I also noticed how perfect the weather was today and took full advantage of it. We drove with the windows down and we played outside as much as possible. Being outside is our favorite.

We had family scripture study, and family prayer. The spirit was  in our home and it feels so good have those special moments with my family. Calvin wont go to bed without family prayer now, and to me, that's a gold star on my parenting chart! :) I walked back in to say goodnight to Mike and he was on his knees in personal prayer. I'm so grateful that I saw that. I love him, and I love the man that he is becoming. Our love grows stronger every single day.

And that is what I got from my boring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment