Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'm Back!

I had such a great weekend in Dallas that I can't wait to blog about it. I was there for 5 days and it consisted of grading papers, high school football games, swimming, cleaning, shopping, and getting less sleep than I ever have. Oh!, and we took ADORABLE pics of my little Ellie babe. She turned 6 months old this week. I can't believe how fast time has flown, but I also can't imagine my life without her. I looked at old pictures today (of 6 months ago :)) and she was so tiny. Now she's about to have a tooth pop through any minute! Here's Elle's 6 month practice pic (taken on my phone)



Which brings me to another point. Being a mother of TWO teething children (at the same time!) is not my favorite. But it'll be over soon and I will miss it. (Song popped into my head: You're Gonna Miss This. I love that song and its 100% true for me.)

Calvin loved playing with his cousin Parker. Parker is just a month and a half younger than Calvin. They were so cute together. I probably took a million pictures of them. (Ok, but seriously, we took over 1000 pictures between my phone and my sister's camera.) Here is an example of how cute they are together:




I loved watching these two play together. I love that they can play all day, (or fight) and still have a great time. As we drove away from Parker, Calvin sat in the back and said "Bye Bye Park Park." It broke my heart that I forgot to have him actually say good bye to Parker. He also waved to Kristen until we couldn't see her anymore. (Kristen is Ellie's favorite person in the whole world. She reaches for her even when I'm holding her.) (PS: Ellie is Kristen's favorite person in the whole world.)

We had such a great weekend, but boy were we glad to see our Daddy! We missed him more than ever, and he missed us. We are so lucky to have such a great Daddy.

Now I'm off to sleep next to him for the first time in what seems like forever! (Ellie is in her own room tonight so Mike actually gets to sleep in his bed :))

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pic of the boys holding hands! I forgot about that one! 2 peas in a pod...

    ReplyDelete