Friday, September 20, 2013

Gratitude: Day 10: Other Air Force spouses

Being in the AF has already given me so many friendships and experiences that I would have never had otherwise, and that will last a lifetime. 
 
I am grateful for the friendships that have been created here in Texas. It's almost an instant thing. It's also like you've been friends forever. Everyone is "living the same story" so to speak. Our husbands or boyfriends are all going through flight training and we need the support and help to get through this together. 

When I first moved into my home, it was a week before I was set to be induced with Ellie. Two girls that I had met only once before came and helped me unpack and move in, while Mike was at work. I couldn't believe the love and compassion that these girls showed, and continue to show. They were such a huge blessing in my life at that time, and especially since I really couldn't do much, and I couldn't even get my thoughts together enough to organize it. 

This is not the only time that these wives have come to my rescue. They brought meals when Ellie was born. (I didn't even know most of them, but they came in and it's like we had been friends all along). They have given us rides when we need them. They have been here to babysit anytime, and last minute. They have listened and talked. They have made time to just hang out. They have opened their homes to anyone in need. They expect nothing in return.

I'm so impressed by this lifestyle, and I love being a part of it. There is no other life for us. We love it. I'm grateful to have this opportunity. I will pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment