Saturday, September 7, 2013

Becoming and AF wife and loving it.

I have to say, becoming an AF wife was a lot easier than I anticipated, and I love it a lot more than I thought I would. Moving away from my family was kind of an exciting adventure, but lets be honest, I relied on my family way too much and so I was scared. I was excited to start just being our little family unit and learning to rely on each other more, but my mom is my very best friend, and I miss her everyday. Luckily for me she can come visit often.

Anyway, coming to Texas for pilot training gave us instant friends. I became friends with a lot of wives who are all going through the same thing as me. It's like I've made best friends for life, and everyone is so willing to help. Two girls who didn't even know me came and helped me unpack. People were offering to babysit all the time. People brought us dinner after Ellie was born, a lot of meals. Everyone was SO generous and the only way to pay them back is to pay it forward.

Being in the Air Force has given me an opportunity to serve people. I have been given so many more opportunities that I feel I wouldn't have had otherwise. (And equally as great, I am getting blessings for it :))

I also want to include a little paragraph about how being a member of the LDS church has also made this move SO much easier. Everyone there welcomed us with open arms. Meals, places to stay while our apartment was getting ready, a baby shower, love, support, and friendship. We honestly couldn't be more blessed than to be in this ward. We have never felt so loved by people who don't know us, and so accepted. The church outside of Utah is so different. They become your family when your family is not around.

I really am so grateful for all the blessings we have and for the friendships that we have made. I know these people will be my lifelong friends. I am grateful for the opportunities to serve and for the unity that my husband and I have formed. Our marriage is so much stronger. I am so grateful for my kids. I love them to pieces. I honestly don't feel like I could be happier right now. (unless we were debt free :))

No comments:

Post a Comment