Friday, September 20, 2013

Projects: Growth Chart


So, I saw a growth chart on Pinterest and decided that I needed one, because I want to remember how little Calvin was. I think mine turned out pretty cute. It was super easy.

Here's what you will need:

3/4 x 6 x 8 board (have Home Depot cut it down to 6 feet, BONUS: you can keep the extra 2 ft for a different project!)
Spray Paint (I used an eggshell color.)
A Sharpie (or in my case,  Cricut and some vinyl, but my letters and numbers are falling off.)
A pencil (for drawing the lines)

Optional: I bought a small stencil at Wal Mart and painted light grey and dark grey clovers on mine. I really like the pattern and it gives it a finishing touch. 

To start, just spray the board with the spray paint. Then do your stenciling if you choose to. This next step is really important. I want to HANG my board on the wall, six inches from the floor. I chose six inches because it will be higher than any base boards in any house. (We will be moving around a lot.) So, measure six inches from the bottom of your board- THIS WILL BE YOUR 1 FT. Then just measure the rest of the feet. Your board will actually be 6 1/2 feet if you hang it 6 inches from the floor. I did a long line for the feet mark, and a short line for the inches. (I will be going over them with a sharpie as soon as I find one.) 

Then add your number and your name if you choose, and you are done! Easy, one night project! 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment