Friday, September 13, 2013

Gratitude: day 4: Honest old lady

As you may or may not have noticed... I accidentally wrote day 5 yesterday... but it was day 3. I guess that is what you get for writing so late at night.

Anyway, today I am grateful for the old lady in the sandwich shop that told me I was a great mother and my son is such a good little boy. She said she enjoyed watching me play with him and was glad that I let him wander around a little bit, because he is a good boy.

It got me thinking. Moms these days don't really let their children roam. He's 20 months old, and there is no way he is going to sit still. Little boys aren't made for that. They need adventure.

My dad actually told me this same thing a few weeks ago. He likes that I let Calvin have a little slack. I used to think that maybe I should try to make him sit in his high chair or stroller everywhere we go, but now that two people have told me the same thing, I feel good about the way I'm parenting him while we are out in public. There is a place and a time for sitting still and being quiet. That place is church.

I'm glad this beautiful lady told me this, because it's just what I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment