Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gratitude: Day 5: My dad

These are in no specific order, but he is DEFINITELY one of my top 10. Instead of writing this as a blog post, I'd like to write him a letter instead, because I know he is reading this :)

Dear Papanwa, (nickname I called him in high school, it means dad)
I'm so grateful to have you as my dad. I wish I knew how to express this in words, as much as my heart feels. You've always dropped everything if any of your daughters was in need. You've always been there for me through the tough times. I knew you were there even if we in an argument. I knew I could count on you for anything. 

I now know that I can come to you for advice as I'm getting "older" and starting my family. I know that I can call anytime and that you'll answer, even if you're running on the treadmill. I know that you've done everything that you can to raise your daughters and make sure that we've been taken care of. 

I'm overly grateful for our cross-country road trip from Utah to New Jersey. (even though I had to be dropped off in St Louis because of the snow storm) I loved hearing all of your life story, and I still love it. 

I love our talks about gospel principles. I love that you support all the decisions I make. I'm grateful for that. 

I'm grateful for how hard you work. And I'm grateful that you have let all of us come back home after we've moved out. 

I'm grateful for the love that you have for my kids, and for the way that you treat them. I'm grateful that you have such a close relationship to Calvin, and I know that he's grateful for it too. He loves you so much. He loves seeing and talking to you. 

I'm grateful for all the times you've already come to visit us in Texas, and that you came to babysit Calvin while I was in labor with Ellie. I'm grateful that you helped me get my house in order when she came home from the hospital. 

I'm grateful for all that you do for me, and I know that you pray for me and that you are proud of me. 

I love you, Dad. 
Thanks. 

Love, Jules

P.S. Thanks for following my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment