Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recipe: Chili (perfectly sweet with the right amount of spice)

I made chili for the first time tonight. I also winged it. I saw what could have been a delicious recipe and totally changed it... and it made it freaking AWESOME! So since I was just dumping things into my crockpot... let me try to remember what went in :)

1 can of Hunt's Tomato sauce
1 can of Hunt's diced tomato sauce for chili (it really says that on the can)
1 can of corn undrained
1 can of kidney bean drained
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
4 stalks of celery chopped
1/2 of a white onion chopped
3 green onions chopped
1 1/2 t of chili powder
1 1/2 t of cumin
1 t onion powder
1 C brown sugar
1 bag of sausage crumbles

I mixed the tomato sauces and brown sugar right into the crockpot before I added everything else. Then I mixed all the ingredients together and cooked it on high for 4 hours. It fed a lot of people. I'd say serves 8... because most people will go back for seconds and thirds. :)

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment